The "Open" item allows you to open an SVG document from Google Drive. The window that appears shows the list of documents.
To show the contents of a folder double click on it.
To open a document, double click on the file.
The button bar in the panel, at the top left, allows you to:
1) Go up one layer in the file structure.
2) Update the list of current files.
3) Show the main list (root) of the files in Google Drive.
4) Show the contents of the "Shared with me" files.
5) Create a new folder.
6) Delete the selected file.
The buttons at the top right allow you to list the contents of the files in List and Icon mode.